.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Relaxing Effect of Water

Nothing like relaxing around a large body of water.
People forget how much they need to relax.
They think they're really relaxing when their minds are still working overtime.
When I let go, I let go completely.
I don't know anyone who relaxes as quickly and fully as I do.
I am sitting in a comfortable chaise lounge with a sketch pad, pencils, a digital camera and my simple ability to create.
Yesterday, I was 'discovered' by some American music industry people who'd seen me play with an old friend on an open stage.
Not bad for someone who only hopped up for a couple of original songs with his pal.
But I'm not interested in fame in any way, and when I explain it to certain people, well, they can't seem to understand it.
They just don't get it.
Or maybe they don't want to.
The dollars signs get in the way.
But not for me they don't.
So let me repeat myself again to those who don't understand or choose not to.
Once you are famous, you'll suddenly realize that your life isn't your own anymore.
Your public owns you, so does your management team, your fellow band members and just about anyone who decides to try to attach themself to you and your talent.
Because once you are there, there's no turning back.
So be careful what you wish for or aspire to be.
Nothing will replace the simple good times, no matter how hard you try.
You might look back on those simple grocery store shopping expeditions as something you truly miss.
With so many people caught up in trying to 'Keep Up With The Jones' or just plain stuck in a rut, I like to think that all I need to relax is to see something like the picture I took only a few moments ago.
It's wonderful being here.
There's no pressure of other people's unfullfilled expectations.
And I'm far away from any phones.
I like it so much here I'm thinking of moving here.

Peace




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home